Taipan is a privately owned company specialising in the supply of hydraulic components to the industrial hydraulics and mining industry throughout Australia.
Taipan’s commitment to its work force, customer service, great products and competitive pricing is a powerful combination in outperforming the competition.
There are awesome benefits to working at Taipan! We live and breathe our values which creates a fantastic company culture and a great place to work. Our team is fun to work with, self-motivated, coachable and are determined to be role model leaders.
We have a dedicated Training Team to ensure you have all the skills you need to succeed at Taipan and beyond. We always aim to promote from within, so wherever you start, you can have an exciting career path ahead of you, if you really embrace our values and dedicate yourself.
Our continued growth means we currently have an opening for a Warehouse Assistant in our Sunshine West branch reporting to the Branch Manager.
This role involves:
- Picking and packing customer orders with greatest efficiency and pride
- Loading and unloading vehicles whilst operating a forklift truck
- Communicating with others, including couriers and answer enquiries where required
- Quality control goods in and out, to ensure our customers receive the correct parts
- Stocktake when required
- Report on stock levels and product availability
- Assemble and test hoses in accordance with customer specifications
- Monitor and report on own activity
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Other duties as required or requested by management
To be successful you’ll need some or all of the following:
- Be coachable
- Hose and fittings product knowledge or similar
- Good with hands and tools
- An eye for detail
- Pride in doing things properly
- Awareness of personal limitations
- Occupational Health and Safety regulations compliance, acting in the best interests of safety at all times.
- Valid forklift licence or the motivation to get one fast
- Information and communication technology (ICT) literate
And be able to demonstrate and work along the following values:
- Customer focused
- Fun to work with
- Hard working
- Profit conscious
- Safety conscious
- Role Model Leadership
- Good communicator and presentable