THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Taipan’s Holiday Trading Hours
Taipan will only be closed on public holidays over Christmas this year, running skeleton staff to ensure you get your product when you need it.
Public Holiday Closures include:
- Friday 23rd December – all branches will be shut from 2pm onwards
- Monday 26th December – Boxing Day Public Holiday
- Tuesday 27th December – Christmas Day Public Holiday
- Monday 2nd January – New Year’s Day Public Holiday
Apart from this it’s business as usual!
If you have any questions about our trading hours over this time, please give one of our friendly team a call on 1300 654 782.
2023 Catalogue Update
Back in August last year we announced that our brand-new Catalogue would launching in January 2023. With help from our Operations, R&D, Sales and Marketing team; we have been working flat out to make this years edition the very best yet. The project has been far bigger than we could have imagined, and along the way we have had a couple of setbacks that have inevitably pushed out our release date. We are now looking at a new delivery timeframe of roughly April to our Head Office here in Caboolture.
We’ll keep you posted if there are any changes but we promise it will be worth the wait!
If you need a new copy of our current catalogue to get you through until April, please let your local branch or your Customer Relations Manager know and they will be able to sort you out.
The Good Stuff
It’s December, we’re winding down because, well lets face it, we deserve it… if the world has gotten you down this year here’s just a few positives to cheer you up.
- Humpback Whales have rebounded from a low of 10,000 to 80,000 in 2022.
- Maggots are now playing a vital role in UK hospitals to treat wounds as bacteria become immune to modern drugs. That’s one up for the flies.
- A team of Engineers at Stanford have developed a Solar panel that generates power at night as well as during the day. The solar cells pull electricity from the small difference in temperature between the air outside and the solar cell itself.
- A St Louis bakery in America only hires people with a criminal record. This is to help people getting out of prison make a fresh start.
- United Arab Emirates has opened its latest vertical farm in Dubai that uses 95% less water than field grown produce and will deliver over 3 tonnes of leafy greens per day.
But if you want to know the really cool stuff that happened during 2022, head to Taipan’s run down in our Year in Review blog!