In the blink of an eye, 2022 is coming to an end. What the heck?! It feels like everything has whizzed by, but looking back over the last 12 months, we’ve achieved some pretty cool stuff! We started off dealing with good ol’ covid and all the effects it had on all aspects of our lives. Plans were still being cancelled, products weren’t being delivered, ships were sitting still but we were hoping with bated breath that soon enough we might be able to resume normal life.
The world started to open up again which meant:
- Our customer relations team got back onto the road to visit our awesome customers travelling over 32000kms!!! Holy heck, that’s two laps around Aus!
- Our team was able to fly around the country and visit one another which put a spring in everyone’s steps.
- For the first time in two years, we headed out and attended four Agricultural Field days all over the country, networking with the community and enjoying the mud while we did!
- Craig, our R and D guru of 15 years, stepped into retirement leaving big shoes to fill. Sammy decided he was up for the challenge and made the leap from managing our Rocklea branch to step into the role Craig has developed. Sammy has passed all his Hydraulics courses with flying colours and is doing a fabulous job!
- There were some awesome internal promotions among the team as we grew by a total of 25 people in the last 12 months!
- Rocklea overcame one of their biggest hurdles with the floods turning their warehouse into a swimming pool. The whole team rallied together to help clean up and get their doors open again.
- Mick, our Taipan Trainer has helped over 80 people this year grow their hydraulic knowledge.
- Renovations happened everywhere! Rocklea received a fancy new office space for the team to serve customers and most importantly… now they can all enjoy the aircon! Caboolture extended and added on a hose assembly area, a brand-new promotions room, heaps and heaps of racking and a marketing studio. Perth extended their office space with the team growing so rapidly, and after all these years finally built a smoko room.
- We announced our brand-new branch… Adelaide!! This branch will service SA as well as our other neighboring states. It’s due to open February 1st, 2023, and we are so excited… so excited in fact that Al could be seen bobbing around in the middle of the ocean on a pool ring sipping from a coconut – hard life!! We know he’s the owner but how about doing some work!
- We held our very first Staff Milestone event where we celebrated some pretty awesome team members who have stuck it out with us for 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years!!!!! What the heck!!!
- Our team took on some pretty cool challenges to raise awareness for charities they’re passionate about. We walked 30km for Coast trek raising awareness for mental health, we dressed up as daffodils for the Cancer Council. All the branches got into teams and stepped their way through Steptember to raise awareness for Cerebral Palsy. We dressed in purple for the Starlight Children’s foundation, and we had a heap of the team grow a mow (or at least try) for Movember! Wow – solid effort guys!!
- The Customer Giveaway was created and with that… Taipan Man graced our screens with his presence! He was so generous that someone even won a trip to Hamilton Island!!! Word on the street is he’s going with them (I don’t think they know that yet!)
Thank you to all of our customers, you’ve made 2022 one heck of a year! We just want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year… see you all in 2023!