Taipan is a privately owned company specialising in the supply of hydraulic components to the industrial hydraulics and mining industry throughout Australia.
Taipan’s commitment to its work force, customer service, great products and competitive pricing is a powerful combination in outperforming the competition. There are awesome benefits to working at Taipan! We live and breathe our values which creates a fantastic company culture and a great place to work. Our team is fun to work with, self-motivated, coachable and are determined to be role model leaders.
We have a dedicated Training Team to ensure you have all the skills you need to succeed at Taipan and beyond. We always aim to promote from within, so wherever you start, you can have an exciting career path ahead of you, if you really embrace our values and dedicate yourself.
Our continued growth means we currently have an opening for a Distribution Warehouse Assistant at the Caboolture branch. Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, the role offers the opportunity to work with a great team in an awesome growing company.
This role involves:
- Inward goods procedure including unloading containers, sorting product, storing product, product allocation, data entry
- Stock packing and distributing replenishment product for external warehouses
- Stock control process including stock takes, shelf stock replenishment and stock rotation
- Liaising with other branches
- Liaising with freight companies
- Operate forklift truck
- Report on stock levels and product availability
- Quality control goods in and out
- Monitor and report on own activity
- Assist with hose assembly
- Operating within OH and S regulations/policy
To be successful you’ll need some or all of the following:
- Be coachable
- Hose and fittings product knowledge or similar
- Good with hands and tools
- An eye for detail
- Pride in doing things properly
- Awareness of personal limitations
- Occupational Health and Safety regulations compliance, acting in the best interests of safety at all times.
- Valid full driver’s license
- Valid fork lift licence or the motivation to get one fast
- Information and communication technology (ICT) literate
And be able to demonstrate and work along the following values:
- Customer focused (internal and external),
- Fun to work with
- Hard working
- Profit conscious
- Good communicator and presentable